Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Playing Favorites

I try to be a good and fair "mom" to my two dogs, but having two dogs definitely leads to having a favorite every now and then... I can't help it. When my mom was here last time, she told me that I don't pay as much attention to Sadie as I used to. She's right. At first, I justified it by saying that Maggie gave Sadie more attention than she lost from me. Maybe that's ok, but maybe not. So saying all that, I feel even more guilty about this post, but today I want to tell you why Maggie is such a great dog. Next post will be about why Sadie is such a great dog, I promise.

I don't know if you can see this chart very well, but it is from puggles.org. If it weren't for this website, Maggie wouldn't be my dog. It says that 95% of puggles like to cuddle. If anyone has known me for a while, they know about my teddy bears. There was the care bear, Tenderheart, and of course Kimmy who lost a foot to Sadie when she was a puppy... I always loved having a teddy bear that I could curl up with. Sadie is a good snuggler for a big dog, but she usually gets hot or uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. One or two body parts touching is more than enough for Sadie.

When we first met Maggie, I hadn't heard of a puggle yet, but she was the cutest dog I had ever seen. I went to puggle.org and saw lots and lots of pictures. At first, I was trying to convince myself that I could get a puggle any time, no need to impulse buy. The problem was, Maggie was so much cuter than even the cutest puggles on the website! And they LOVE to cuddle!! So, I had to have her!! Best decision ever. She is the most loving, affectionate dog out there. If you don't want a dog to sit in your lab, don't get a puggle. Just last night, I was sitting on the couch eating dinner and Maggie came up and just laid her head on my leg. She just wanted to touch. It was so sweet! And then, there is the face:

The underbite cracks me up. I really think this is her smiling. The underbite usually only comes out when she is happy, so I love seeing this face.
Anytime I want, I can just scoop her up and give her a hug. And I think she loves it as much as I do! When work is stessful or I'm worried about my house / future / whatever, Maggie is always ready to cuddle and she has a smile and wagging tail to tell me everything will be ok. Horray for Maggie - I love that little dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is adorable! and you look pretty darn good yourself. take care and hug both of those doggies for me!

Mr. Puggle® said...

puggles ARE the most adorable and loving dogs. come hang out with me and my puggle posse sometime. :) mr. puggle