Thursday, October 16, 2008

Almost There!!

I should be writting about how nice it is to finally be in my home... Well, I am almost done with contractors - perhaps next week and we can take the lock box off the door and settle up with the payments. So, 6 months after we started and we can almost call this place DONE.

Here are some overdue pics. I hired a great guy to install new garage doors. When I get my new company car next week (yep, the Mercedes) it will have a nice home! The Almond color couldn't have been more perfect and I was super lucky to have such a great installer that even worked through a Bronco game!
What a pretty garage, no? Just needs a bit of touch up paint and we are all set.
Here is what the new openers look like. I have really missed having a garage these last 6 months so I can't wait to start parking in here.
Just a few last things to get outa here before it can be a real garage. When I moved in, the garage was FULL of my stuff, so this picture makes me feel like unpacking progress has occured! There was also a pile of hardwood flooring that I was waiting to remove...
Now that the stairs are built, I can return all the unused wood and get it out of my garage! On Saturday morning (yes Saturday) the floor finishers will be here. They come again on Sunday and then the stairs should be done! This is the last major task to complete!! Oh, and I am having new carpet installed downstairs tomorrow. I painted the ceiling, but so far I haven't had the energy to paint the walls. Oh well, I can use drop clothes :)

There is still a lot of stuff that needs to get done around here - but most of it is my work. Here is my office... Think I can get a lot done here??
Lucky for me, I have work helpers:
I am lucky enough to have 2 helpers!!

Don't they just look so helpful? At least I am not alone when I am working!
Speaking of working, I took a few fun pics of my most recent, and hopefully last, trip to Albuquerque. I happened to time my trip during Balloon Fiesta. I have to say, it was amazing. All those dots in the sky are hot air balloons. Not the greatest pictures while driving...
Here is a closer view of a few balloons:
And when I first saw this car, the dog was facing forward and I thought there was a deer in the car!! Nope, just a huge dog!!

So the adventure continues, but I am in my new place and the last pieces are coming together. That's why I am having the Halloween Party!! I hope you all can make it!! Thanks for hanging in there with me. Once we are DONE, I will start posting before and after pics and then this blog will start to be about boring things like Bronco games and funny dog stories.

3 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Man, I can't wit to see the finished place when I'm back in town!

Anonymous said...

Halloween pictures, please.

Laura S

Anonymous said...

more pictures please. oh--and hi sarah!