Monday, November 10, 2008

Since it has been a while, two posts in a day!

Since I am on a role and enjoying the break from "intellectual work", here are some house pics that I have been meaning to share!

The word "DONE" can now be officially used! There is still a (growing) list of things I need the contractors to touch up, but they will come back in January to do everything on the list and then they will come back again before my 2 year warranty expires at least once for touch ups! What a nice feeling to have a 2 year warranty. But the best part is this:
Looks like an ordinary back door, right? Well it is much more than that for me. This is where the lock box once was!! And it is GONE! That means no one can come in my house at 7am on a Tuesday without letting me know ahead of time!!! This was the best part of last week and what I had been waiting for to use the "d" word.

And now I have rugs, which makes the place feel a lot more like home! The wood floors are great, but a rug is a must, especially with the weather getting cooler! I couldn't even get this one unrolled before Sadie wanted to lay on it! She apparently agrees on the importance of rugs!


Here it is in the bed room. I wish the doorway was bigger, but it gives you an idea...
And a rug for the living room:

And a matching runner:
Here is another shot that was a long time in the making! Parking in the garage! I can do it now whenever I want! It still isn't a habit yet because my car barely fits, but I will get used to it soon! Especially when my new, smaller, company car gets here.
Here is a shot of the stairs in the basement. They make the place feel a lot more finished.
One bedroom and a wall have been painted so far, soon hopefully the whole area will be painted!There is still a ton to do - including outside, where the toilet still sits! I asked the contractors to remove this with their trash, but apparently they thought it was too pretty to take away! Haha, well maybe it is growing on me...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

The rugs are awesome! It looks like they're staying put? They have these sticky things that keep them in place. I bought some but didn't read it right and they don't quite work so well on carpet. They're made for hard wood! Good thing to have with dogs around. They get all hyper and go sliding around! haha.