Sunday, September 7, 2008

We're Getting Closer...

I can't believe I am saying this, but we are getting a lot closer! This week was very productive and I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the next couple of days go well and no one puts out my light!

My parents made a special request for a pic of the back door. It is basically a big window that adds a ton of light! It will be painted very soon...
And the floors are coming along nicely! This is the back bed room, which will also be my office. The paint is done and the flooring is in... It looks a lot better when it is clean ;)
Here is the flooring progress as of Friday morning. The flooring guy worked this weekend and the kitchen and living rooms are basically done. Just my bedroom left, basically! They should be done tomorrow!
My master bath is just about done! Here is a picture of the vanity. It still needs to be touched up, but at least it is in place! The only bad part is that I need to come up with a new idea for the mirrors... I was going to put a mirror above each sink but the mirrors I bought get in the way of the light switch. Now I am thinking about a big oval??

And here is my bathtub! Having a claw foot should be really nice and it adds an older touch to the room!
Moving outside, I actually have gutters now! The outside paint should be touched up this week as well!And I have a heating system and A/C installed! There is even a thermostat - just in time for a chilly fall!
We really get getting closer. Once the flooring is in, they need to put some trim up, install the appliances, install the rest of the lighting, finish painting and start doing touch ups. I told my contractor I want to "move in" this weekend and they said that should be fine! They might have a few final things to get to, but hopefully they will keep the same pace as last week and we will be DONE soon!!

Thanks for all the great comments - it really helped me get through the last week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks amazing and I can't wait to see it soon!!! keep up the positive attitude and all the good work.

Tanya said...

Looks so great!! You're so close to being done. Can't wait to see you sometime soon and hopefully see the house too!

Gwen and David said...

ummmm where are the bronco picks? you better get them up missy:)